Do you feel safe cycling in York? Or would you like to cycle, but don’t feel safe enough to do so?
York Cycle Campaign exists to make change happen.
We want York to be known as a cycling city again.
A city with a safe and accessible cycle route network for cyclists and cycles of all varieties – for 8 year olds to 80+, standard to cargo bikes, on a trike or with a trailer… however you roll.
Whether you are a seasoned cyclist or not confident to brave it right now, our campaign is made up of people like you. Whilst we would love you to get involved in campaign activities, you can help by simply giving your support.
Does that sound like you?
Membership costs just £5.00 per year (£2.50 for concessions) and includes more than just York Cycle Campaign membership.
Want to know more? Read on…
What do I add?
- Amplification – Simply being a member adds volume to our collective voice and that in itself is awesome. You need do no more.
- Authenticity – You help identify the true issues that people who cycle in and around York face – we need as wide a demographic as possible.
- Authority – Whether skills, experience, knowledge or pure enthusiasm – everything that members contribute is invaluable.
- Action – Fancy getting involved? We need traffic counters, street teams, photographers, ride organisers, storytellers, policy writers, planning experts, pot-hole police, social media lovers and more – whoever you are, you help add to the campaign efforts.
What does York Cycle do?
We campaign to make cycling in York safe, convenient, and accessible for absolutely everyone. We long to see York as a happy place for all ages to go about life on a cycle. We do this by:
- Representing the cycling community at council and other meetings.
- Advising and responding to planning consultations.
- Lobbying the council for cycling improvements.
- Raising the profile of cycling in and around York
Aside from the warm fuzzy feeling that you are helping build a better future, from just £5pa (£2 concession rate) you will:
- Be kept informed and join a network of like-minded individuals
Receive regular newsletters updating you on campaign activities and cycling-related issues, and gain access to the active members-only Facebook group.
- Be able to get involved and make your voice heard
Have your say on the campaign activities and priorities (see note regarding CoYC councillors and policy makers) by voting at the AGM and have the opportunity to share your skills and experience as a volunteer
- Get cheap third party liability insurance
Affiliate Cycling UK membership is just £33 and provides £10 million 3rd party liability insurance.